Buying a sewing machine is the largest single financial investment a seamstress will make. You want to get the best sewing machine for beginners. Making an informed and suitable purchase is important. We know that when you go shopping you can easily be persuaded into buying something you don’t need… at this stage of your sewing career anyway!
This video explains in detail everything you need to know about finding the best sewing machine for beginners… packed with hints about what to look and listen for on a test drive, how to thread your machine and how to load a bobbin, as well as lots of other useful information and tips.
After buying your machine, before you dive in to making that first sewing project, read this extra hints on what to do once you get your new machine home.
- When using your machine, being comfortable is the key to successful and relaxing sewing.
- Put your machine on a firm surface, such as a table, and give yourself plenty of room around it… particularly important when sewing those big projects.
- Set up your ironing board in the same room to save countless trips to the utility room.
- Get some spare fabric and have some fun, experimenting with your new toy… machine. Play with the different stitches and stitch size settings and get to know the pressure of the foot pedal.
- As fun and tempting as it is to zoom along your material as fast as you can go, you will get better and neater results if you go for a steady approach. It really does pay to be a tortoise and not a hare.
- Remember to breathe as you sew. If the machine is running away with you, take your foot off the pedal. Stop. Relax and start again.
Try to buy the best sewing machine for beginners, keep it well-maintained and it will become your reliable best friend over the many years of your sewing life. With sew many things to consider, it’s worth taking your time and getting it right.
Finding The Best Sewing Machine for Beginners Video:
Latest Hand Sewing Tutorials
[catlist id=30 numberposts=10]