Halloween wouldn’t be Halloween without at least one pumpkin. With this free pumpkin sewing pattern, you can have as many as you want… and they won’t go rotten at the end of the holidays!
The pumpkin sewing pattern tutorial below shows you how to create a pumpkin in a variety of sizes… suitable for decorating your table, acting to prop your doors open or for gifts for visitors. The pumpkins are stuffed using soft filling like you have in soft toys or pillows, and also have a handful of rice or similar in the bottom to stop them from rolling over.
There are a number of photographs with this tutorial which show you each stage of construction and are really helpful. This project is perfect for sewing beginners and is also a great project to do with the help of little ones.
Sewing Supplies Needed:
- 3/8 yard main orange fabric
- Scrap of brown for the stem at least 4.5 x 8″
- Green wool felt for leaves (about 5 x 8″)
- Green and orange embroidery floss to coordinate with your body and leaves
- Matching thread for the pumpkin, dark thread for the stem
- Polypellets, White Rice, Dry Beans to weight your pumpkin base.
- Stuffing (Polyfill, Wool, Bamboo, or old pillows.)
- Water Soluble Fabric Pen
- Scissors, needle, thimble, pins