This free Halloween Clown Collar & Cuffs pattern takes you to a series of pages that show you how to make a wide frilly collar and cuffs which you can wear with existing bright clothes. Add over-sized gloves and perhaps a pointed hat constructed from a cone of card and you have a clown’s outfit. Use a variety of colored fabrics to be even more bright, or perhaps go for black, white and grey for a sinister look!
When you think of Halloween, you tend to think scary and not necessarily of clowns! However, a lot of people are scared of clowns, especially if you go wild with the face paint. We’ll let you decide the direction you go!
Materials needed for sewing pattern:
– 1″ wide ribbon – See Step 2 to calculate how much ribbon is needed.
– 1-2 yds of bleached muslin (depends on the size of the clown)
– Edge ruffles for the clown collar and cuff – Use colorful double fold bias tape, or a sewing machine with a dense decorative stitch or a serger
– Quality thread or string and thread (recommended) depending on your method of gathering.
– A tape measure
– A sewing machine
– optional: Rotary Cutting Tools are very helpful.